How would you fare if you had to formally apply for a place on a selection panel?
Would you be able to write a quality statement to the following selection criteria?
- Knowledge and understanding of legislative framework, agency policies and application of APS Values and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering a timely, effective, transparent, accountable recruitment and selection process.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills, particularly rapport building, listening, questioning, eliciting information and giving feedback.
- Disciplined approach and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to acknowledge personal biases and prejudices. Open-minded, able to revise opinions in the light of new evidence.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
What if you had to front up to a panel and be interviewed for the right to interview job applicants? We might see an increase in people’s belief in the integrity of selection processes.